PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Bar revival thread!
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 02:38
TowerDog

SkyGod

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Good you got out of the sandlåda dude!
Yeah Guttn, I suppose so..I was over there for more years than I care to think about, although it gives me the creepy "Earned my dues feeling".

On the other hand, whenever I go back to the sand box I get this love-hate feeling as now I am home again..

Perhaps not so much in the Middel East, Saudi, Egypt, Kuwait, Dubai, etc. althought Allah knows I have paid my dues there, but rather South Asia and especially India....
India was my first contract, hauling DC-8s for Air India Cargo. Also my first jet and first 121 ACMI place.
That was back in 1988 when some of the kids on this here forum were crawling around the carpet with diapers around their arses howling for mama when, but not if, it got too moist back there.

That being said, the Big Dog don't take no credit for having "been there, done that". The whole place is a sh!t-hole and I'd take my hat off to anybody getting a decent job from out of flight school and not having to go that route and sell yer soul hauling junk out of 3rd world places.
Good experience as far as yer flying skills and radio-work, but not good for family life and pension points. (non-sced flying don't pay no pension or retirement.) Stick with SAS or Widerøe for lubing up yer old days with premium Frog Juice as well as leggy F/As with a secret lust for mature men and 4 stripes..Way to go.