PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2008, 15:52
magicE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But Scooby, you must realise that nothing will be gained from striking. And if you do realise that then something must be done. But What?

If everyone goes to work the Company have "won" (gained nothing), If a minority of people(which it looks like being)strike Company "Win" (again nothing gained).

Dont get me wrong the Company as well as the Union should never have let it get this far and are both to blame, and we should not forget the "crew" themselves for not accepting the last offer when it was on the the table with the union backing it.

The fact still lies someone need to be accountable and that pretty much lies with the union considering that they are PAID for getting the best deal and fighting for what the crew WANT(still no one knows) which is precisely why they should go. They have not done what has been asked from them and PAID for.

We all no that is no confidence in the company right now but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it because there is no money and there will not be another offer to restore it. I agree that once this is all over with some management should not and probably wont be here but that is a long way away.

If the MAJORITY sack the union you show that the "crew" are united and know what they want. Show them that you will do the necessary to get what is deserved but do it in a way that can be "won" and i assure you it is not Striking......