PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 16:03
016FSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear what you're saying, it was me who said and firmly believes that strikers will have a wee blk dot by their name and there it will stay, however, we DO have to fly with a team of crew and we DO spend time away together, for most FSM's, they're old enough and independant enough to do their own thing if nobody wants to spend time with them, but most other ranks, including the largest being 'junior' or 'cabin crew' as they're now called, wouldn't be able to put up with being left alone and having nobody to spend time with and working in a galley with people who who won't talk to them. It's those who I think will be thinking what to do MORE on personal grounds than what is good for the company or themselves financially! Will they want to carry that horrible horrbile name people who don't support a strike are called?

Names will get out because all of our names are on plenty of paperwork that is split around the company post flight (the flight report) it wont take long before they are circulated. Also names will be casually mentioned by ground staff, flight crew, other cabin crew and it will make managing flights even harder than it sometimes already is!! We already have some 'managers' who are not popular to fly with because of the way they treat the crew, so imagine when they fly with crew who did the opposite to what they did!

I'm not scare mongering, or trying not to, I'm being realistic. I've had a lot of experience with crew over the years and I know what they're like. I also had enough difficulty coming to a decision about what to do myself and I've put a lot of thought into it, so I can't imagine what's going through the heads of some who have been in the company less time than me!!