PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 22:52
Raffles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one find this all so fascinating, as a driver (that’s your speak!) I can’t understand why you don’t all stick together? I know things are tough for you all but why can’t you just stick together and fight for a fair wage that you all deserve? You know that when “the drivers” pay was on the table 98% of them disagreed at the first ballot, but stayed together and reached a settlement that they agreed on! Do you know that it’s tied into flying hours and VS “drivers” are "up there with the competition”. As an example an F/O on an LAX gets around £300, and I believe cabin crew only get £25-42!!! That’s what team work can achieve!!! You know that once the cabin crew fight is over it’s the “drivers” turn, and once again they will get as much as they can from the company!!! As for anyone who has been with the company for a long time, you should know better than anyone of your worth!!!! Hold fast and bide your time until nearer the strike date, and then make your decision. I know that whatever happens, most respected “drivers” will not take an aircraft unless the regulated number of qualified cabin crew are on board. Having flown with lots of you I DO THINK THAT YOU DESERVE MORE MONEY. You are what makes the airline and you make people want to come back again and again!!! Good luck and remember YOU ARE WORTH MORE!!!!!!!!