PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 22:41
vs_lhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it's so futile, why do you disagree and reply to every post that advocates the action VS_LHR ?
I have always believed that strikes achieve nothing, and the way this has progressed is even more flawed than any normal industrial dispute. Even if there was large support for the strike, in a service industry with strong competition, disruption like this does enormous damage to the business - that's a downturn in revenue that leads to savage cutbacks in order to keep the company afloat. And with the figures VS is working with, it's a very fine line between profit and loss.

The flip side to this is that not only are we going to have the impact of declining business (and already have lost some key corporate accounts because of the threat of the strike during December), but because of the way the union has handled the negotiations, we've got to a strike without anyone asking what deal would actually be accepted. It's total lunacy.

I post a lot because I feel quite passionately about it. I notice you're not jumping down Scooby's throat who has been my worthy counterpart on the pro-strike team for longer than I've even been registered here.