PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 09:40
rubyrocks118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very close relative of mine works in the office, she gets no overtime and nearly everyweek works over her 40hrs per wk, she has to pay for her lunch and coffee/snack breaks and she is so under pressure at times that the only place she could go was the toilets to take a 5min chill.

Before starting at virgin i worked in office of 10yrs and belive you me i work more than my contracted hrs and NEVER got any overtime, we got timo off in Lieu which was quite ridiculous becase there was never any time to take it. and in the summer months i would be working from 7am til 8 maybe 9 in the evening to meet the requirments of my job. I when i work another office job we started 8.30 til 6 mon - fri, half hr for lunch no inbetween breaks, we also had to work 2 saturdays a month now work that out thats about 198hrs a month, we do roughly 80 - 100 per month, for an average office job times by 12 and thats 2376hrs a yr. We only do 900hrs.

In my opinion since i started with virgin i think the job is a peice of cake it's not hard at all i think it is one of easiest jobs i have done, and i just get on with it. it is sometimes dissapointing tho when we just don't have the tools to delivers the goods on some occassions. My typical day before starting at virgin was -Mon - thurs up 0600, work at 0730 - finish at 1830 may 1900 go home then bed. Friday - up 0600, work 0730 - finish 1800, then drive to my 2nd job start 1930 and finish at 0300, get home at 0400 and bed. i also work on saturday from 6pm til 3am at my second job, i did this for 7yrs.

Don't get me wrong cc can be difficult at times but, come on we have a good job, get to go to places every week, whilst people are in offices doing their 9-5 we are on a beach, or shopping or at a gym or just chilling out. I couldn't ask for anymore, whenever i come back from trips and i'm on the underground of train travelling back to central London i just look the commuters faces and see how miserable they all look and thats how i was when i was in office.

have i waffled on too long