PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2008, 18:16
016FSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My apologies, I didn't mean to offend ANYONE who works in an office, I was not implying that they have the life of 'riley' who ever he may be!! But my point was that they have more reasonable hours on the whole, they have access to breaks when they really need one and they can get away for a few minutes when things really get tough and most of them are paid accordingly for the job that they do, whatever it may be! They can even go to the toilet when they need to! If I need to go to the toilet around breakfast time or after a meal service, it's hard luck, I have to queue along with the rest of the passengers as we don't even have a toilet for the crew to use!

"On the subject of volunteers, if LM's phone has been going mad with CC offering their services why pay this large amount!!! Contingency plan my ar$e, panic stations more like!!!!!"

This point is very very true!! They keep telling us how much support they have been getting by those who want to help during the strike and how many volunteers have come forward, yet why the offer of money? Virgin hate giving more than they really have to so I can only presume, they are starting to getting a little bit nervous, after all, they have said they will only be cancelling 3 flights per day!! That's Virgin's "we can manage without you" response and RB confirmed it!!