PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2007, 14:34
vs_lhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, £150 to operate a flight and £160 in crew down payment guaranteed, total £310, less tax & NI (30%) circa £217. So perhaps if you do 2 of these then its £434 extra for going to work on the 2 blocks of strike days. That's good money, ah but if I average it over 12 months it's £36.17 per month, now what was the last pay deal worth to me , oh yes I remember assuming 5 trips a month a junior stood to take home an extra £39.61 per month. http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpos...&postcount=211 so still actually by going into work on the strike days people will be worse of in one year than if I they accepted the last offer.
I assume crew would get the company-wide increase, so add 2% onto that and you'll be better off over the year than the 4.8%.

Bear in mind, that last deal is now off the table; so for many, it's a choice between that (and I'd need to know your working figures to get the exact percentages, but call it 4.5% + 2%), or just the 2% (if, indeed, crew are offered that). That sounds like a significantly better offer, and the beauty for Virgin is that they only have to offer it to staff who support them during the strike. Sweet.