PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2007, 10:16
Pen333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been following this thread for a number of years and, although I have been upset and angry at the some of the things that have been said I have never been moved to write... until now.

My husband was a member of the crew that died in the crash and whilst I know nothing about flying I have an interest in what is said and the campaign and I know that he would have supported it whole heartedly.

As Brian, the voice of reason here it would seem, rightly continues to point out, it is the RAF's own rule that there should be no doubt in charging pilots with negligence. The fact that this thread has continued for so long and has captured the imaginations of so many is testimony to that.

From a personal point of view, and word for the crewmen who are usually overlooked in all this, I know my husband would not have tolerated unsafe flying whlist he was on board. I know this because he was known to have refused to fly with pilots before and this is recorded in the BOI report, as was the forward crewman on the day.

I have no idea what happened, and whilst many people on this forum have ideas I am afraid that is all that they are. What I do know is that my husband is dead and no great theories and posturing here will change that. Whilst I have had to live with that for thirteen and a half years I feel that a great injustice has been done to Rick and John.

Last edited by Pen333; 29th Dec 2007 at 10:42.