PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 06:21
MTOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loveflying737, if those two blokes are as good at their jobs as you are at creating positive (some might call it syphocantic) spin, they must be very, VERY good indeed, and VOz are very, very lucky to have them. (“As many as are prepared to make the sacrifices necessary to emmigrate.” From SA to Oz? Jo’burg to Sydney? Give me a break!) If you’re a Safa, in writing such ‘suck up’ posts, you’ve badly misunderstood the Oz psyche, I’m afraid. If you’re an Oz, the country has changed more than I thought it had since I’ve been away.

I heard on the grapevine that there would be no staff travel provisions in the VOz contract – not even on VOz flights. If that’s true, and since VBlue is a separate company, I’m surmising there’ll definitely be no staff travel deal for VOz staff on VBlue, which would make commuting a bit expensive and take the shine off an already uninspiring salary package. Still, three or four full fare return flights a month between Brisbane and Sydney would probably still work out considerably cheaper than packing up and buying a house in Sydney.

Last edited by MTOW; 23rd Dec 2007 at 09:22. Reason: Typo!!