PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways info
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 13:37
alpha-b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey folks!

I have been following this thread for a couple of weeks and trying to weigh people opinions.What i've go to say being non kenyan that KQ which is a world class airline and that has proven itself with a remarkable first class service,brand new fleet and reliable is in the process of more expansion hence they need more planes and crews however the local demand of pilots itself is not enough i understand KALPA is trying to empower local citizens which is quite normal for every nation but they should also look at KQ interest.Emirates,Cathay and Singapour also have their own cadet programmes but they still employ expats to supplement the demand so i don't see why KQ which is aiming at becoming like those can't do that.Airlines like Air madagascar is on a contract basis with Cameroon Airlines pilots who fly their B 767 they're not employed by air madagascar but it's a contract bonding them with Cameroon Airlines where pilots do like a month rotation return to base for a while and another set of crew go and so forth i think KQ also did that on the B 737-200 fleet so why can't they do on the rest.Cheers