PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nakheel Aviation - Dubai
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2007, 13:52
springbokflyer145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing the point.

M-E FLYER - your comment "And dear all, the ops director (chief pilot) is extremely approachable and pro crew, nevermind the most helpful person in the company be it on a personal level or for work"

It doesn't matter how approachable or helpful someone is, what does matter is if anything gets done once a problem has been brought to their attention. From some the the replies in this thread, I gather not so this guy cant be that helpful after all.

"living close to the airport" maybe you don't mind having an aircraft come over your house at 600ft every 2 minutes, whilst you trying to entertain friends and family. Not my idea of a nice place to live just to be close to work

Sohat, I personally know crew from SA that fly for this Nakheel company. Your comment stating that Nakheel is short of crew - well I can tell you why that is.

If crew with a family decide to go work for them and arrive in Dubai and go house hunting for a 3/4 bedroom villa to house their family, then they will be looking at paying between AED170000 to AED220000 in rent PA. Now if Nakheel offers you AED120 000 PA in housing allowance, then you do the maths and see how much comes out your own pocket.

As soon as these guys arrive, see how the company and ops actually operate, they will be doing minimum time and heading off making this company always short of crew. It might work for single crew who can house share but what about crew with families?
What fascinates me is if this company has all this financial backing that it states it has, then why is nothing done to help make renting or even buying a home more easy? How many of the crew of this company own property in Dubai? I bet none as most cannot afford it and nothing is offered byt he company to help. I personally dont think they even care.

I bet the management know exactly what it costs to rent a 3/4 bedroom villa and once again nothing is done. You cannot tell me that Nakheel is not able to supply housing to the crew that they employ, they probably own 3/4 of Dubai! Im not sure but maybe the owners just see crew as another one of their servants and dont give a damn. Maybe the owners don't even know that there is a problem with crew and housing maybe this helpful chief pilot that is so approachable has not taken it any further than his desk or phone Who Knows. They must just be prepared to train new crew every few years at their expense, now thats good management.

Just one last thing to mention about this company,

They operate a GV with only 2 crew, so what happens when crew are ill, need leave or have personal problems? They now have one lovely GV sitting on an apron costing them money. Again great thinking from management

Maybe the thinking of this operation was done at BARASTI BAR

HAPPY FLYING