PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New CAA licence front pages
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2007, 14:05
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any idea, roughly, how many UK licence holders will be involved?

The reason I ask is because of this "paper saving" exercise. I mean, even if it involved say... 15,000 licence holders, that means that they are skimping on about 30,000 sheets of A4 paper. Assuming that they buy their A4 in bulk and they use a decent quality 90gsm laser paper, the cost of however many reams that is, is still tiny in the overall cost of things, even if it is pre-printed with their anti-forgery stuff.

A quick search for paper from a popular direct supply company for 60 reams, which should more than cover it, works out to a one off cost of less than £250! So, some poxy beancounter is saving the CAA and the excesses that we all know about at the Belgrano, a few hundred quid and we will all have to either wear our licences out or chop it up ourselves because of this supposed 'saving'. I wonder how many replacements they will have to 're-send' with the associated mailing and manpower costs because of the extra wear and tear or accidental damage this is going to cause? I'd hazard a guess that it would probably end up as a neutral or negative cost saving exercise in the long run.

It just goes to show how stupid some people can be in these civil service outfits that are supposed to be regulating us but in reality are just wasting everyone's time with their 'cost saving' exercises which are purely for the self justification of their miserable jobs in the first place! A classic example of waste and idiocy in one fell swoop!