PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 16th Dec 2007, 09:41
yakmadrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Professionals

It would be great if this forum will be limited to professionals so we do not have to read uninformed comments. For us I think that some things should not be written in the open where people outside the profession may get confused and get the wrong picture of our profession. For those that speak about "evidence" of ice depodits or not trace of deicing fluids in the ramp, I think that you should be more careful with what you say, I hope that you never have to suffer disciplinary actions because somebody made a comment of what they thought they saw. This reminds me of one time when one security agent at Heathrow reported smelling alcohol around the captain of an IB flight. He did not reported at once but later when the airplane was already boarding its passengers, Police requested the captain to submit to an alcohol test, the captain was surprised and asked what was the reason for that test when they were ready to depart, and police told him that a security agent had reported smelling alcohol when he went through the metal detector. The Captain response was to disembark the plane, and go through the alcohol test, which obviously was negative, and also to request that the security agent be given an alcohol test which was not granted by the airport authority. Nothing happend to that agent, there was no compensation to the airline or its passenger for the delay.