PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2007, 13:39
gingernut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your family GP, however well-meaning, will look in your ears to check for infection, damage to the drum etc. then suggest decongestants, steam inhalation, anti-inflammatories etc....
If you do find something better, please let us know!

Whilst I understand your frustrations, it does have to say that the "science" for ent interventions isn't always that robust, and I'm not sure an expert can offer that much more than your GP, although it's likely he'll have access to the scans and investigations required to rule out the nasties.

Try running a search, it's probably one of the most sought after solutions on this forum, and as, yet, I havn't really seen any magical solutions.

I'd be a little cautious consulting non-qualified folk about this very delicate, and important area of anatomy. Ask to see some evidence of effectiveness, other than anecdotal cases studies, and never trust anyone who offers solutions based on pathophysilogy alone- make sure it's tested on a thousand patients first. (A little tongue in cheek perhaps.)

<---any advertisement appearing in this sidebox is there courtesy of PPRuNe and is not an endorsement by me for any product or service