PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 5th Dec 2007, 07:51
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robeki

This thread seems to be full of Monday night quarterbacks. None of you ever make mistakes, obviously.

What does experience have to do with it? Everything. What does salary have to do with it, not much, it was a simple comment. I don’t see many pilots earning what a commander with Iberia earns, and there is a reason for that. Extremely professional crews, thus the reason I give them the benefit of the doubt. Accident statistics prove my point.

Does anyone think generalizing and calling 1,600 pilots cowboys is very professional?

If the author of this post was really interested in safety, he would have filed a report. It shows his lack of professionalism coming on this site and insulting 1,600 pilots with the title, even more so when we know the press reads the forum.

If this forum was not anonymous, we wouldn’t see all these senseless threads appearing.

Someone has to stand up for our fellow Iberians. Enough said.
Firstly, may I say you desire to defend your compatriots is commendable.

However, I doubt if I am alone in my concerns about your general attitude, and that the above quality is the only positive attribute you display.

You have closed mindset to the point of absolute danger to the flying public:
  • you refuse to be open to possibilities of mistakes
  • you defence is to blame others /other cultures (by citing other incidents)
I have listened to the atc tapes mentioned above and would have to say that the BA crew did nothing wrong and indeed did all they could to point out the situation as they saw it.

Whether or not they should have de-identified the incident a bit on here is the only issue for me, but that is not what we are talking about.

What we are talking about is a closed mindset, not taking all information into account, the possible inability to admit to a mistake by reviewing the evidence and general good airmanship.

It seems to me that the crew in question, on that flight, on that night demonstrated a lack of airmanship that is worrying.