PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 4th Dec 2007, 14:21
Yeles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys

I ve been reading 70 percent of the posts of thios thread and I have to admit that some of them in my opinion are correct. But in fact i want to clarify some things just from my point of view as pilot.

Of course I agree, that any comment made aiming for a higher safety for flight it is widely appreciated by any pilot (or has to be appreciated even if it comes from somebody who is not specialized or known in the matter itself). But as far as I know and I was not in that place to see it of course, it has to stay just as an appreciation. Most of the procedures within the companies are different all over the world and of course also different for every airplane. for a lot of companies de icing is not needed as far as the cover it is not higher than a certain value and of course depending on the kind of covering and if it is snow raining or whatever at the time of take off. Of course there are a lot of things more to consider for the de icing. That is the reason why a suggestion coulkd be enough because unless you fly the same airplane in the same company you cannot be sure about the procedures to be followed and in what circumstances.

On the other side, it is true and sad that there are a lot of cowboys flying all over the world not only in iberia. So please keep your overall appreciation of Iberia s pilot for you because most probably this pilot you saw departing with snow in the wings was for sure one of the only examples you can give.

I think all of us we have to be careful when giving bad appreciations of pilots in general in any company just because we have seen something strange or maybe dangerous. Every person is different and of course also in the worst companies, known for their bad policy and bad actions are good pilots and colleagues.

In any case as I said before any comment related to safety is always welcomed.