PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2007, 12:37
MamaPut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Toks,

Okay, I should have mentioned the other Bristow bases. Let's see, Calabar is in a mosquito-infested, unsafe waterside location with a rundown hangar and a couple of what must be the oldest, basic Bell 412s in the fleet (they go perfectly with what must be one of the old S76s in the fleet in PH ). Eket is okay I guess as it has some new 412EPs, but I wouldn't fancy being locked in a hotel every night after that journey from the terminal. Port Harcourt also has a leaky old Shell hangar and the 155s here belong to Shell anyway. Warri again has Shell owned 155s. However, it's probably the nicest Bristow base with a couple modern 412EPs and good housing on that nice looking estate nearby. I'm told that's very nice and only a short journey to work. What to say about Escravos? Been overrun several times, some nice new Bell 407s if you like the small stuff and those C++ machines you have there look much nicer in the PanAfrican/Air Logistics paint job than the Bristow one . From what I hear about the housing it's pretty variable and good you only have to spend 4 weeks there drying out. Lagos has just that one old hangar for helicopters with that strange paint job and the housing is about the same for both, but at least at CHC meals are all free. I'm told Snake Island is real nice, the only down side is those very old Super Pumas. I'm surprised the NCAA allow those and some of those old S76s to stay here . Anything I forgot?