PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Bengal Airlines
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2007, 22:21
reaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civil Aviation in Bangladesh

Hi Air Plane Crazy,

Your comments on Bangladesh in general and Aviation sector of Bangladesh in particular took me with surprise! I was wondering, how one can spread so much wrong information in the net! It is even more shameful when we understand that the person is probably from the same origin.

However, before I proceed further on this topic, I should give a brief description on myself. I have twenty years of flying background in Bangladesh. I have Bangladesh, FAA and two other countries ATPL. Had the opportunity of visiting many countries and quiet a number of Civil Aviations. Adequately familiar with CAR 84, ICAO, CAA and FAA regulations.

All the Airlines in Bangladesh maintain very high standard of proficiency. The Aircrew regularly undergo proficiency checks from UK, Canada, Sweden, Dubai and few other countries. Most of the Pilots are extremely experienced and professionals.

Your comments were ridiculous on the Aviation Medical system of Bangladesh. The Medical is conducted by Bangladesh Air Force, Aviation Medical qualified doctors. Again the doctors are highly qualified and professionals. The medical can be compared with any modern countries medical system. Yes, you can pay $10, instead of a medical certificate you will be issued with a certificate of imprisonment.

Bangladesh has the best telecommunication and internet service around that region. Most of the Airlines have their own websites. In order to be responded or considered you need to know where and how to apply for a job. No DAD will be able to get you a job unless you know correct approach.

Your last sentence reveals that I probably wasted my time in refuting your comments:

“Anyways any one local know anything about what are the usual requirements down there in Bangladesh and do they accept FAA pilots license?”

If you don’t have an access to CAR 84 then read the ICAO Annex 1 for Personal Licensing. The requirements are exactly same. And CAAB accepts any license from any ICAO contracting state.

Finally, a humble request. Please refrain from commenting on something on which you have limited or no knowledge. If at all you have to, then say positive.

Good luck and happy landing!