PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightwatch – 27 VHF outlets being closed
Old 12th Nov 2007, 11:09
Ref + 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a personal point of view, I used the FIS service at Kalamunda regularly in order to save asking on the lower level frequencies as congestion on those can be down right unbelievable (ask anyone around leonora/leinster/wiluna on any day around 3/4pm). I was advised the other day that this FIS was being closed and to ask the area controller in future... Are you for real!!!???? That was the whole point of asking this guy in the first place. I intended on easing the burden on the poor S.O.B on area. I then get six people trying to make a departure call on the same frequency when departing a non VHF equipped aerodrome but not getting a look in because some other eejot is getting a metar. Now, we are being told that this is how it's done now??!!?? Sorry, but the person deciding how to run the show has never ever sat in my seat. If they had and gone ahead anyway they should be hauled up immediately in the interest of the greater good.

I will bet anything that the airservices charges have not dropped a dime in the past 10 years. The service however has changed remarkably and it hasn't been going up as has our workload and frustration due to our lives being made harder for no seemingly good reason.

Dick, I hope you and us a community succeed in ending this depreciation in support conditions especially when it is one that we pay through the nose for.