PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2007, 21:45
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vuelo, I couldn't agree more . To say that MAN does not need EZY beggars belief and I cannot understand such comments. This was exactly the kind of snobbish attitude from the management many years ago that's landed the airport in the mess that it's in now. MAN wanted nothing other than legacy carriers and now we find half of them have pulled out and we are lagging behind LPL to certain destinations. EZY's arrival may well see many legacy carriers disappear but don't forget it is these legacy carriers that have left us without a MAD service & left us without a LIS service until TOM took it on. There are many more examples. BA anyone?

EZY are ruthless but more importantly they have the guts to stick with routes rather than just pulling them at the first sign of trouble. If EZY do come to MAN, then I agree we'll see the likes of Jet2 and bmibaby reducing services. So what? They've both proved that they are non commital to Manchester and if EZY paves the way for their permanent departure from the airport, then so be it. It's about time MAN had a decent carrier that's willing to commit to the airport and develop routes rather than reduce services as soon as Nov 1st comes around. EZY is that carrier and I for one will have my fingers crossed that a sea of orange will decend on my local airport come Spring.

Last edited by FlyZB; 6th Nov 2007 at 23:56.