PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2007, 12:49
BeGoneTFN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Love this thread, about time the truth was finally put out there.

What was once a great organisation is truly a mess.

I believe that unfortunately we are well beyond the PNR, its going to be a hard rough landing.

Wait till the EBA negotiations commence, there could well be an exodus from ASA as yet again despite being in a good bargaining position (ie nil staff) we can anticipate being treated like crap.

I have no doubt that all ATC's are well over being treated with contempt and as an expendable resource (more like expense). Lets face it the money is OK if you've been in for a while but if you have just joined and got a degree or even a trade why would you want to work 24/7 for 60k when you could probably get paid 70k anywhere else (ASA wake up and smell the coffee).

The clowns in senior management continue to advertise for bean counters, internal auditors and ALM's, I expect that it might soon dawn on them that no service delivery (environment) is possible.

Whilst they were busy contemplating the next cost cutting measure to ensure a reasonable bonus the core business was completely disregarded and consequently has degraded to the point where not even furiously pushing the ultimate fall back button (UFB, radar fixit) will be of any use as its been faulted for months and the only tech available that can fix it has just been shown the door! Along with all the plants in the building, sorry i meant organisation (one of those cost cutting measures)!

TFN, go you good thing. Please go!