PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 20:42
cym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merchant - a very considered post - and one which I am in agreement with

BRS longhaul expansion will be driven by the 787. Tech stops ob are not a positive feature for pax and one which they tend to vote against with their feet (look at Zoom YYZ pax figures since it routed via BFS). FCA went longhaul ex BRS because they were concerned about TOM long haul expansion ex CWL - a driver that no longer exists. From an airline perspective bad ac utilisation, increased costs, lower profit - bit of a loose loose situation currently at BRS

Loco wise FR coming into BRS could easily affect EZY's view of their BRS business - co existing may work at STN but at BRS....me thinks not. MOL is not a guy to run away from a challenge and to keep his business profitable he will happily try and force an airport to reduce its on costs to them - resulting in a poorer passenger experience for all passengers. Have to say hats off to CWL for showing him the door last year, short term pain may result in longer term gain for them!

Distribution on holiday traffic - which drove FCA's BRS expansion ( Bakers Dolphin et al) is becoming less of an issue with the growth of web based bookings - both the big 2 claim 50% + bookings are now online - a trend that will continue to grow. This will result in them putting cax where the pax are not their retail outlets - a potential big plus for CWL.

As a regular viewer of BRS and CWL treads (who now lives in LON and earns his wages on yield / LF maximisation) I would have to say that the constant 'mine's bigger than yours' debate could take a few interesting turns over the next few years!