PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC wings Cadet scheme bond
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2007, 16:34
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're not wrong EZYramper easyjet will not pay you a penny in basic salary for your first six months with the airline as a cadet.

Does this then mean that really, you are no better off applying to say oxford who require a loan rather than a bond
I know CTC refer to the finance arrangement as a "bond", but it isn't - if you raise the cash through HSBC, it's a loan, pure and simple. You will pay it all back to the bank with interest on top - that is not a bond in any sense.

I know CTC claim the training is free, but that is to all intents and purposes, bulls*it. Anyone else who is ex-CTC would agree with me on that one. Of course you pay for the training you receive, there is no such thing as a free ticket in aviation anymore. What you do get from CTC is, on the whole, a good standard of training and a very good chance of going straight to a jet on completion of the course. The 60K (more like 89k once you have paid it back) is also used by CTC in a cost effective manner (in-house training, they own their own sims and are a TRTO provider etc) and dare I say it, I think it does represent good value for your investment. I'd still choose CTC over Oxford if I was starting again.

Good luck with your training.