PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 19:54
D4VE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been on the cards for months if not years. I reckon that most GB flight crew will welcome the fact that their futures are now certain with a forward thinking and progressive company that knows its market and is actually making a profit. For F/O's (unless idiots and there are only a couple in GB) they can virtually guarantee their commands within the next few years - maybe months for some of the more senior guys!
Some will be uncertain - especially the LHR guys, but Luton isn't that far away. Yes there are issues but i firmly believe that these can be sensibly dealt with by the two Company Councils - or preferably representatives from BALPA and the IPA so that the whole pilot workforce is represented.
What i want to know is what JG is going to do with the cash? There have been rumours about another GB airways starting in Gib flying to Madrid and Barcelona, as well as into Tangier and Casabanca et al AND Gib - LHR - i.e. where the company started.
Will Easy be flying to Gib?? I doubt it - why bother when AGP is just down the road and Gibair (that new company that mysteriously appeared a few months ago) will charge a fortune for services etc.
As for Mr KH - well we have all been naive; in hindsight he was obviously brought in to slash costs and prepare the business for sale, we've been shafted and we all helped him do it because we bought into the 'family run' bull****e!
Hello Easy, i for one, am looking forward to working for a company that knows where its going, in fact with only a few years before i have to finally retire i might even be able to lend my long haul expertise on the A33/35's easy might buy to screw BA (and others) on their prime long haul markets. Easy and Gatwick are now superbly placed to compete with that hell hole of LHR.
The future is shining bright, where do i sign?