PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA-NZ New Director
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 05:29
kiwiblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA-NZ New Director

Browsing the CAA-NZ site today, I noticed this... it appears to have been slipped in with little public fanfare, against the trend of other recent "world-leading safety-initiatives" trumpeted from the top-office of the Puzzle Palace by various incumbents.

Whilst of itself it appears to be of little consequence -just the tiger trying to change its stripes- I fear that it may prove to be yet another string in the bow of the orchestrated Campaign Against Aviation -particularly GA- which has been pursued with such relentless, intense political vigour of recent times. Just another blunt instrument with which to cudgel industry, wielded by the very organisation charged with fostering the safety, growth and sustainability of that industry. Which brings me to the point:

One could say our current Director has been strange silent since taking up his post. There has been nothing in the media of his pontifications, indeed no releases to the media from the Puzzle Palace going on 3 months now... well out of character for the role I would have thought! The previous temporary incumbent didn't even let the ink dry on his letter of acceptance before he put a massive shot across the bows of industry in the media.

It's apparent the new Director is a capable political player -that alone would have been a minimum qualification for the job, given Helen Clark's propensity for cronyism and only appointing individuals that publicly 'buy in' to her warped political ideals. Enough of itself to make my skin crawl. Political 'ability' alone however, will not a Director make. He will rise or fall on his relationship with and ability to manage/direct industry.

I wonder how the grass roots guys feel about our new Director? Have you seen any obvious changes in attitude from the Puzzle Palace or its representatives in the field that give any clue to how things may be shaping up? Do you reckon we are in a developmental stage of peaceful co-operation and prosperity... or are the secret battle-lines being drawn?