PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MFC Moncton - any recent experiences?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2007, 21:52
CDN_ATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a very short training bit with them (night rating) but now a qualfied CPL, and flying recreationally, I fly with them every month or two, but do most of my flying elsewhere.

As a school, they seem to run pretty efficently, and I haven't heard any bad comments on qualfied diploma students over the years.

I can tell you it's a pain in the backside to try and just rent an airplane from there.

When you want to go do a pleasure flight, it's rather annoying to be given exact times for arrival/departures because the plane is literally sometimes booked for an entire 24 hour period, all through the night even.

That and watching the watch tick by sitting on taxiway alpha to fit into the 9 planes in the circut with 2 IFR arrivals the tower is trying to fit in.

Overall: For training, and insturction I would think MFC to be one of the best, their prices are pretty competative actually for those other schools in the eastern region.

Basically my only pet peeves are ones from a renters point of view, not a students.