PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 18:43
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apples and Oranges

No, Marcio, it would not be a better measure. You reduce thrust to idle on each and every engine on each and every landing on each and every airplane, whether reversers are locked out or even if your airplane is not equipped with reversers at all.
You are comparing apples and oranges PBL. Any pilot will know that landing with a reverser locked is different from landing with the two operating. It is a variant, a special situation. Besides, before Airbus recommended to move the TL on the reverser working to idle and
then to Rev. Move the TL on the locked reverser to Idle, period. Now they changed to move both reversers to Rev...( Iguess to " show" that this is a "normal" landing... But remember the pilot from TAM who kept the locked reverser TL on Idle when landing in Congonhas?...He explained why.

I doubt if there is ONE case of pilots moving one TL to Rev and keeping the other on Climb in a landing without a reverser locked out. Do you know of any?...

All three disasters happened when the pilots were landing with one reverser locked out. I insist this is how it should be measured: in all landings with a reverser locked out, how many ended in disaster?...

PBL, why do you have to defend Airbus all the time?... Just a question of love at first sight? Or... after dating for a good while?...