View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2007, 09:47
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About cockpit crew

Please stick to the known facts :
  • the aircraft was flown from the left-hand seat
  • the pilot on the right-hand seat was doing his job as assistant to the handling pilot, and as such, the annunciations came from his side. Forget CAM as it is *cockpit area microphone* and concentrate on the *hot mikes* which precisely record left or right-hand seat interphone/communications.
  • We know, from the CVR on technical communications only that TAM's SOPs are very much in-line with normal AI fleet practice. We even have on this forum a witness to this fact.
  • from the crew perspective, this was a training flight.
Now some interpretations on which we have no answer, yet :
  • What was the exact nature of this training flight ?
    The Brazilian press said that the co-pilot had been recently promoted as captain.
    If so, what was he doing in the right-hand seat ?
    The only explanation, from every airline I know and every DGCA -or equivalent- is that he was undergoing some line training in order to obtain right and left -hand seat approval to become a TRI. There is no other explanation.
    That situation aggravates the case for a *particular cockpit*
  • Who was the handling pilot on the previous sector ? I am not holding my breath for that answer.
  • Have the duties of both pilots being throughly briefed, because during the ground roll, there was an important breach of procedures. As a fact, it seems that the lesser type-experienced pilot took over. That did not help.
Be very careful in trying to use the CVR as on its own ; it is just about worthless. Needs to be aligned with all the other data available.
And I still wonder at the usefuness of *aiiii* and *look at this* or *O my God* in this forum. They belong to something very private and have to do with respecting the intimacy of deceased people.
Their publication is just too ghoulish for me, I presume.
Defending the dead pilots should start there, but it is just my opinion.

Last edited by Lemurian; 27th Sep 2007 at 10:03.