PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2007, 15:14
Rob21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PBL,
I think you are manifesting your frustrations to the wrong person. The guy who started this "FW3" thing was the V.P. of safety for Airbus, in the presence of the press and broadcasted nationwide.

Lemurian,
1. I only speak for myself. My focus is on this accident (TAM), not the other two or three often mentioned on this thread. Specially because the crew survived on those, they know what happened with the TLs.
2. I am NOT blaming Airbus for not issuing this "new" warning. IF they are working on this "warning" only now, how could I know about it? And if not even PBL knows about this "new software", how can you expect that a light twin sunday driver like me can answer any of your questions?
3. I don't claim anything here as truth, but yes, I can permit myself to be open to the possibility of mechanical failure. I am also open to the possibility of pilot error. You are the one claiming my theory is one to a million. I have no means of doing this complex calculation. Like you said, I am the last one here who can claim a theory as truth. Where are you in this "ranking"?

Finally, you claim I didn't answer any of your tecnical questions. This is not a contradiction? Why would someone like you want to know anything from the last one here who can know anything?

But you do have a good point. I shall remain "quiet" for now, reading the posts of you all.

One last thought: When the official report comes out, and the main cause is HF, I will say "oh well, let's hope pilots get better training", or something like it.
But, if the main cause of this accident was a mechanical failure, remember me thinking of you "mordendo as cuecas" (you understand Portuguese, you know this is a very common expression here, not offensive).

Take care and all the best

Last edited by Rob21; 25th Sep 2007 at 15:23. Reason: typo