PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabees & Recruitment II
Old 23rd Sep 2007, 19:18
BA Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperBoy,

with regards my posting (number 205 on this thread) and your reply (number 210) i think that if you read my posting correctly, you will find that i was stating a personal belief about what would happen to the redeployed regional ground staff when the end of their contract on WW LHR finishes - i was not stating a fact.

i still, and will continue, to believe (and hope) that this will happen.

afterall there are precidents that have been set (although under slightly different circumstances, but very similar nontheless) i.e. belfast call centre closure at the end of last year; glasgow call centre closure 4 years ago they were all moved onto the WW fleet at LHR and WW fleet at LGW (when it still existed) respectively.
they were out of a job and under those circumstances and under the terms of the redeployment agreements negotiated between the company and the various departmental unions YEARS and YEARS ago, reasonable alternative empolyment within the company must be found and offered. also it must be permanent if vacancies exist.
although there has been no mention of the redeployment agreements in this particular instance (and therefore why these positions are not permanent (as yet)) may be due to the fact that permanent vacancies within the WW fleet at LHR aren't available - YET.

however, with the arrival of the DFW and IAH services at LHR in the spring i'm convinced that this will change.

as for the 60-odd external recruits that will be accepted for the 11 months, i'm sure that they will be directed to SF LGW at the end of their term, or perhaps (and i'd say more fairley) offered the choice to go the fleet into which they were originally placed in the holding pool for.

oh, and as for your information on the EF LHR work bidding system with regards to it being seniority-driven - you are mistaken i'm afraid.
work bidding is seniority-driven at SF LGW, but N O T at EF LHR. not at all.

as for the rotating groups A; B; and C - again, at EF LHR that O N L Y applies to the allocation of annual leave.

Last edited by BA Boi; 23rd Sep 2007 at 19:33.