PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD80 plane crash in Phuket, Sep. 07
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2007, 01:17
DeViL_AnY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thai Carriers

I spent most of my life living and flying in BKK for a few airlines. Orient Thai was ATROCIOUS. So was Thai Sky and Phuket Air. I could probably guess that a bad airplane combined with poor pilots was the excact reason for this. Who would land in Phuket with short runway, dangerous terrain, one Ils and one VOR? Not to point all the blame there, but Udom, the owner, would fire people for not breaking rules, even filling out the log book. If you could get ahold of them, they all say -nil. This is 1-2-Go's fault and mor specifically Orient Thai. Here is why... one time I got off of STBY at 8:00 pm. I had a few drinks with my girl before preparing for sleep. Scheduling calls me for a last minute Chaing Mai run. I inform them that I have condumed 5 glasses of jack and Coke. Do you know what they said???????? It's only a short flight and the Captain will do both legs... there is no one else! (I refused) I have a million other stories similar to this one which eventually got me dismissed for refusing to take a peice of airplane int CHina at night in bad weather. These people are dead because of CEO Udom, no one and nothing else. I hope it ruins them!