PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC News
Thread: BBC News
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 08:53
Chugalug2

Received 219 Likes on 68 Posts
Mmm, interesting that Betty should (rightly in my view) single out the BBC for questionable priorities in its news coverage, whereas the majority of subsequent posts blame "Joe Public" whose preoccupations the blessed beeb is merely reflecting, presumably. Poppycock! There, I said it! The Beeb has been peddling its own agenda for decades and is about as unbiased as a bloke ranting from atop a soapbox in Hyde Park. It doesn't like the Armed Forces and what they do, but disingenuously differentiates them from their junior personnel who they invariably portray as victims of the system. If the British Public are not sufficiently aware of what is happening in Afghanistan it is surely a reflection of the UK media in general and of the Beeb, as the avaricious recipient of a compulsory tax on all UK TV viewers, in particular. With satellite, cable and digital TV channels providing an ever greater choice I would recommend watching the output from other, particularly foreign, outlets to gain a broader viewpoint. British gave up being Best a long time ago in this regard. The Holy Cow of the Beeb is way overdue for a one way trip to the Knacker's Yard!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 21st Sep 2007 at 09:09.