PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD80 plane crash in Phuket, Sep. 07
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2007, 08:13
dinbangkok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I watched them remove the wreckage on CNN last night. Hope they don't need it for post crash analysis, they where a tad rough with the heavy equipment. "

Yes, in this country (TH), there doesn't seem to be much care taken in regard to the preservation of, or prevention of contamination to, evidence. Open any newspaper on most days with a photo of a crime scene in it and you'll see uncontrolled access to the area with people picking stuff up with their bare hands, wandering around randomly in their uniform or civvies. In much the same way, the media are allowed (and take up the opportunity), to get full views of suspects after arrest and prior to trial (they tend to be paraded by the police), murder victims at scenes of crime, and seriously injured people as they are taken to hospital, with little care for the consequences. It is very much a place which is in many ways - although not exclusively -driven by emotion rather than rational thought. In this regard it will be interesting to hear what the accident investigators have to say about the whole affair. I will also watch with interest what you experienced pilots on pprune will have to say.

By the way - before I get flamed - I'm not having a go at Thailand, I absolutely love living here!