PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2007, 19:03
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andrew3181, to be honest it is generally the case now that newbies go into either the accommodation at Peachgrove or Knox Street. CP53 arrived last week I think and were very lucky to get into Cleaways first time. The staff do their best to get the cadets returning from the UK from their first set of exams back into Clearways as a priority, but they are soon to start building a new accommodation block like Cleaways in the next month or so, although I doubt this will be finished by November.

Out of Knox St and Peachy, Knox is generally preferred by cadets as it is a little less rough round the edges I think and is in a fantastic location right in the centre of town - it is a mere stumble from the local bars CTC guys frequent! Peachy is where I was based for about 6 weeeks and is fine, especially if you have stayed in halls of residence at uni before. The only issue I had was that it is a 15 min drive into the airport each day as opposed to about 3 mins from Clearways, and when you have one vehicle to do this, when you get flying at all different times, the logistics start to get a bit complicated and fuel consumption is increased. The guys there now seem to be coping fine and the rooms are perfectly suitable. So I would probably expect Peachy or Knox St, but I doubt CTC will have decided where you are living until a few days before you arrive so you will not get a difinative from them until you get to Hamilton.