PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabees & Recruitment II
Old 10th Sep 2007, 16:32
BABOBO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holding Pool LHR EF and Temp Contract WW LHR

Hi All,

This is my first post on here after reading this forum for months. I am BA Cabin Crew at LGW and have to say, I totally agree with Matts posts. Well said, and I think it is a solid advice.

A bit of info for all the people in the holding pool for EF LHR..... My partner is in the holding pool since May. When he saw today that BA is offering LHR WW on a temp contract for 11 months he contacted BA recruitment to enquire if he would be eligible for this contract. The girl who answered the phone wasn't quit sure, but he was called back within the hour by a lady from BA who informed him he is eligible. Training will probably start in December, but he will be contacted by BA in the next 2 to 3 weeks for an exact startdate. She also stressed the fact that there was no job guarantee at the end of the 11 months but also said things often change at BA (don't we all know ). Further, she also said that BA isn't planning any New Entrant courses for LHR EF until at least April 2008!!! So depending on how many people there are in this holding pool, your number on the list in the pool, or indeed the courses actually starting in April 2008 and the number of courses, people might well miss out!!!

I know that anything can happen with BA (I speak from 3 years experience with the Company), but my advice to people in the holding pool would also be.... go for LGW or try to get the temp contract on LHR WW. I think that in BA we are at the beginning of a lot of exciting change, both for LGW and LHR. So don't miss the boat!!!

Best regards to all and happy flying!!!