PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2007, 10:58
END BAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
East Midlands 6

Hi All
The renault car racing event caused chaos at the airport yesterday with nearly every flight delayed due to crew or cabin staff stuck in the jams. when the departure time for the thomson came they were still 60!!!! passengers down and it was nearly 3 hours late by the tme it left. I live in castle don and i have just been down to the shops and once again the road system is gridlocked as far as the eye can see!! Anybody at work in the next couple of hours needs to set off NOW!!!!! it seems the racetrack struugles to cope with big events but the knock on effect to the airport is noy good .I dont know how many people lost their holidays through yesterdys chaos but i bet thre were quite a few. The event was only shown as having an effect on the traffic on sunday but apparently thousands of FREE tickets were made available for yesterday thus causing the problems.On a more positive note theUKIA 767 departed on a positoning flight to BRUSSELS las night on what could be its first revunue earning flight as it was suppsed to be operating a BRUSSELS-AGADIR rotation today for thomson/tui according to the engineer