PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rules is rules! Jobsworth at Stansted
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2007, 09:50
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAA Stansted

Unfortunatly this flight could not have chosen to use an airfield with a more intransegent management, I have had to deal with these people from time to time and the ONLY thing that makes them move is a the remotest chance that something will effect the sales in the duty free shops and get in the way of the revinue stream.

Please don't blame the ATC unit as they are as frustrated as the rest of us with the BAA.

The truth of the matter is the in the eyes of the BAA they are running a very profitable shopping arcade with the airfield being a drain on these proffits, so anything that might effect this lucrative revinue stream is simply of no interest to them what so ever.

A few years back I had a nose gear fail to lock down at another BAA airport, the ATCO dealing with getting me into the hold and the other aircraft in the stream landed ahead of me had to field a phone call from the BAA duty manager requesting that we went to "another" airfield. No doubt the sales in the duty free shops were uppermost in the mind of this duty manager.

I hope the person in question got to the destination in time, I know that all the armed services work very well in these situations. I have to contrast the BAA's attitude with the attitude of the RAF when I was asked to transport the wife of a serviceman (who was in the FI) to be with his terminaly ill mother. The RAF could not have been of more help in letting me land at an RAF station and all the services that I needed arrived at the aircraft as if by magic.

As I said at the start of this post the BAA all told are not a very nice company to deal with but the Stansted management are by far the worst of the bunch.