PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worst Destinations in the World
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2007, 13:03
Virgin Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to defend Lagos too!

Nigerians are fantastic as passengers. They are very nice people who generally have a fantastic sense of humour and are very easy to work with once you get to know how to handle them.

In short their culture is very different to English culture. I find that if you are polite and firm, and tell it exactly like it is, you gain their respect and you will have no trouble whatsoever. LOS pax are so much easier to deal with that nasty, rude, drunk English pax on the holiday flights.

I had an elderly Nigerian gentleman on a recent flight who was REALLY angry that he couldn't use his credit card on board. He came storming into the back galley to find me (purser) to vent his anger. However, he was under the impression that the restriction on credit cards was only applied to Nigerians.

Once I had explained that regardless of nationality NOBODY could use their credit card on the flight (including crew members!) he calmed down and even ended up appologising to me for the "dishonesty and coruption of his nation forcing the airline to do this"!