PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In Flight Entertainment
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2007, 15:49
Pan Pan Splash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TnT - Its a matter of personal taste I guess, but personally I find the thought of someone I don't know wanting to make meaningless conversation with me acutely irritating. Reading books is fine, but on a long haul trip, I'd prefer to just sit back, relax and be entertained in keeping with the service offered, and for which I have paid handsomely.

As for other methods of entertainment, I'm sure I have no idea what you are talking about

As for thinking that crews have better things to do than listen to "Whingeing pax", I have yet to meet a member of cabin crew who ever displayed such arrogance, the cabin crew are there to serve the passenger and look after their comfort, a job for which the BA staff at least, carry out very well, which is why I was reluctant to make a nuisance of myself with the CSD, as previously stated, she re-booted the system several times, this was the limit of her expertise.. she did her best with something that was not her personal fault.

You must fly with some lousy airlines, populated by the most appalling individuals, you have my sympathy.

MuttleyJ Thanks for your advice, I have indeed complained to the airline, and I can report that my call was dealt with swiftly, with a very kind and friendly lady, who spoke perfect English, sympathised with my point, and generally made me feel like it was worth the call..

My original gripe still stands, but all the same, the treatment from the real people at the lower levels of BA has been excellent.