PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Short-haul Flights in the UK could be curtailed
Old 29th Aug 2007, 16:32
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 149 Likes on 30 Posts
One other aspect that perhaps should be looked at - safety. I cannot remember the last serious accident to occur in the UK regarding "major" domestic aviation (long may it continue). However, I can recall several serious, fatal train crashes, with the result of the line being taken out of service for weeks. If the number of trains running is going to have to be significantly increased (which by definition it will be) then it's statistically likely there will be more accidents and if the carridges are full to bursting...... carnage.

So whilst the lines are down will there be a temporary lifiting of the "domestic flight ban".....lets see how "green" they are then.

I still cannot believe that the Tories see this as a vote winner. Has Cameron become so blinkered and suckered into the green movement that he lost the plot. Hug a Hoody, a "responsibility charter" - Christ the man's a total ar$e - a complete and utter liability to the Tories. Four in a row for the Tories!!!

A4

PS Cameron did get the train to the Pole and to Rwanada didn't he?