PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lots of sectors vs long haul
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 11:23
Bullethead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Skid,
I spent around 10 years flying the B747-400, mostly on ultra long haul sectors and while I enjoyed it, the people, the places we went and a great aeroplane I'm glad I made the move to another great aeroplane that operates far shorter sectors, the B767. The move also allowed me to get my command.
I noticed that after about six months on the B767 I became aware that I felt much better than I'd felt for a long time and put it down to being completely free of ingrained jetlag. I always felt tired on the B747 but it's part of life so you don't notice it so much until you stop doing it.
As a comparison, when on the B747 I'd fly around 90 sectors a year and get to operate around half of those my self. In my first year in Command on the B767 I logged around 350 sectors and flew a little under half of them my self. Total hours for the year was pretty much the same for both types, just short of 800 hrs.
So, much busier days on the B767 but no jetlag, as the max zone change is only 2 hours, which is a real killer and the fun factor is certainly better probably because I'm now in the LHS.
Regards,
BH.
P.S. One of these days I'm gunna leave all the typos in and see if anyone can read it.