PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 15:00
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why am I, along with some people, interestred in the full CVR print-out - and in Brazilian - ?
Are you aware of any accident where the whole CVR was transcribed for Joe Public tittering? Most reports I read have made have the relevant section(s) available, even then with "non-pertinent" parts removed. From some site or other:
The CVR recordings are treated differently than the other factual information obtained in an accident investigation. Due to the highly sensitive nature of the verbal communications inside the cockpit, Congress has required that the Safety Board not release any part of a CVR tape recording. Because of this sensitivity, a high degree of security is provided for the CVR tape and its transcript. The content and timing of release of the written transcript are strictly regulated: under federal law, transcripts of pertinent portions of cockpit voice recordings are released at a Safety Board public hearing on the accident or, if no hearing is held, when a majority of the factual reports are made public.
If there were "issues" of crew interaction / roles, examples might be pertinent... however, that I hope would be for the enquiry team to decide, not you and me