PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 19:31
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemurian,
Boeing wont give you TR with TL's not idle.Only one TR needs to be activated to get GS if you've forgotten to arm them.Is that causing the confusion?
You'll have to be a lot more precise than that peremptory affirmation of yours. I gave you the courtesy of copying the 777 FCOM, which specifically said that you could have one reverse deployed regardless of the other throttle position.
Therefore, as per my manual, your corollary is definitely wrong.
The last link in the chain that made the crash inevitable was the design error that enabled TR#1 with CLB thrust on #2.
I thought that all on this forum have understood that a throttle being in the CLB detent does not mean it's delivering climb thrust.
TyroPicard,
Lemurian
Quote:
with the very unusual dual autopilot configuration which one only uses for an autoland.
Not unusual at all.. it is Airbus SOP to engage both A/P for all ILS approaches.
Cheers, TP
Your comment proves again that there are out there some differences in opinions and/or SOPs.
In the company I work for and a few others, dual auto pilot appoach is only selected in view of an autoland. Otherwise, the A/P selected will be the one on the side of the handling pilot. That philosophy also applies for a control transfer.
Didn't know that choice and I would like to see the TAM procedure.