PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 14:34
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bomarc
explain the one possible fault
This shows you know nothing about aviation, and accident investigation in particular.

Almost all accidents have a number of contributory cause. People / things are "rarely solely to blame".

I am sure in this accident there will be some aircraft design aspects commented on, as well as some pilot handling issues. There will be airport factors, and operational too...

You are just looking for a guilty party to blame, and then finish the whole epsisode. However, I can guarantee long after your smug grin has gone there will still be pilots out there who will not perform as well as the 20:20 hindsight FS guys we have here on pPrune. There will still be lots of Airbuses, and I am sure they will have interesting "logic" features, and non-moving TLs. There will still be sub-optimal airports, and however much you try, it will still rain. Finally you will not get rid of commerical pressure(s).

As an industry we have to risk management the whole lot, making compromises... and learn from the various contributory factors to this and other accidents. It will not be the last...