PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2007, 18:18
borghha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tero wrote

The point is that there is very little in the automation side (regarding this particular scenario) that would assist the human pilot in stopping the airplane. I will not repeat the points that I consider the most important parts that should need to be improved, but I still think that it is just not right to be under the mercy of LOGIC in a panic situation to be able to stop the plane.
Couldn t agree more tero. Of course it is vital to understand the underlying logic, but do all pilots get enough training for them to understand it? And even if they do, they could get into trouble during an emergency, as has happened more than once now. It seems quite arrogant to eliminate certain pilot errors (GS while airborne) and others not at all, and to make things worse, avoiding the GS error means in this case that it is impossible to recover from a disastous scenario, because as the psychologist here already explained, retarding both TL being routine, you just don t think back to that action if you failed to do so because another task - 1 TR inop - disturbed that routine. And was the 'error' the TAM crew made (i TRL in CLB, 1 put in TREV Max - !no unwanted TR deployment!) less unlikely to happen or less unprofessional than a GS deployment command in the air? Do AB have an hierarchy of human error vs system logic? Maybe they do...