PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2007, 11:48
RS999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Got to agree with Wikipedia being slightly inaccurate (although it was me who suggested it in the first place lol) but I found that it is updated far more often than the airline's fleet lists on their own websites. Most of the info on Wiki is dated i.e. they quote "As of May 2007" for example.

I'm not too sure where their info comes from though.............

Stage 4 advice - Like Niagra1 says, get a good nights sleep beforehand, (try to) relax as much as possible, listen to what you're being asked to do in the cockpit and get confirmation if you're not sure what you're being asked to do.

Something I did on my Stage 4 was.....when I was told to (for example) "Turn left to heading 090 degrees using a 45 degree bank angle, maintain 4000 feet" I confirmed this by saying "Turning left to 090, 45 degree bank, maintain 4000 feet" to confirm to the instructor that I understood what I was being asked to do prior to doing it. It can be very easy to make a complete of something if you don't understand what is being asked of you.

If you need a few seconds to think about something prior to doing it or you're doing something and get asked another question but want to concentrate on what you're doing first say something like "Standby" to let the instructor know you have heard what he/she have said but want to concentrate on what you're doing without saying 'hold on a second...I'm busy'

Ultimately enjoy the assessment as it is very enjoyable, especially if you've never been in a real Flight Sim before.