PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2007, 22:54
fl dutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet/seasonal

I dont think the domestic routes that have been cut are seasonal. However I believe that from last winter 2006/2007 when there were 6 based aircraft, in order to keep them all busy when the european seasonal routes from the previous summer were reduced or closed, frequency to Bristol and Stansted was increased. In my opinion this increase was not neccessary as has been proved by the small increase in pax numbers and lowering of load factors.
The new Bristol frequency for the coming winter ie 3x daily ( down from 4x daily) is about right. Not sure about the times though, no mid morning flight. As for Stansted the increase to 5x daily was also to much, and a return to 4 x daily this coming winter would have not been a surprise. But to drop it to 3x daily and some days 2x daily seems to have gone to far. Look at the pax figures for this route. They are increasing and should easily sustain 4x daily flights. Again the new timings are less than convenient ie no mid morning service.
As for Paris 2x daily again from last winter was I think to much as AF already does 3x daily. So the drop back to 1x daily is no surprise. Rome is a dissapointment but it has ran for many years now and perhaps the loads were not good enough anymore. ( Although was it not something to do with slots at Rome, Bfs was also dropped)
Again not surprised that the Jet 2 to Ams ended the competition with KL was to much.
Looking at the figures for the Jet 2 to LGW, (a huge drop from when B A had it) I dont think it will last much longer
Perhaps Easyjet will do at NCL what they have done at Belfast with one of the NCL Boeings ( no 7 which was only brought to Ncl for the summer as a tactical aircraft). and keep A/C no 6 at NCL for the winter with some new routes. (Winter seasonal routes ) and put the Stansted back to 4x daily.