PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2007, 09:03
lhrtolgw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Londonphilou

Londonphilou,

I've read you comments and feel compelled to respond.

You previously stated you have a friend on W/W who you perhaps think has some inside information? Well, I have to tell you that generally speaking, crew don't have any idea as to the direction BA plans to take and for this reason, please don't hold out for something which will possibly not be an option - LHR.

Your friend seems to have told you that LHR courses will probably start again in January/February? How does he/she know this? The airline industry changes on a daily basis and certainly our HR people are unable to plan this far ahead in terms of recruitment. I can't help but think that your friend is trying to encourage you, which in itself is great. However, accepting 'rumour' at face value may prove to be a major mistake on your part (once you actally join you'll appreciate just the rumour network operates!).

If I were you I would just accept the offer of LGW where yes, the money is pretty ****ty and where you work very hard however, you will, at some point, get the option to move up to the Golden Runway. If you sit on your hands now you may lose out completely - yes, previously people have waited in the pool for 12 months and then been kicked off.

I'm sure your friend means well but take what he/she says with a pinch of salt and don't always hold out for something that may not necessarily materialise. As with everything in life, make your own decisions and live by them.

The very, very best to you and everyone else applying/waiting.