PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2007, 17:41
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm surprised that no airline has tried CWL-BRU since the demise of Air Wales. Eastern were supposed to operate the route but it never materialsed. A 2x daily service would surely be viable. I agree that CWL needs to get some links to major cities in Europe, such as; Madrid, Rome, Milan, Marseille, Munich, Vienna, Zurich etc.
Eastern Airways did attempt CWL-BRU but unfortunatly it only lasted a couple of months, this was when T3 based an aircraft at CWL with a based crew (hence the reason stand 8 was put back in use as it was the dedicated T3 stand).

The aircraft used to do both the NCL and the BRU flights, i'm guessing this is the reason why T3 hasn't done a CWL-ABZ from CWL as it must have been planned using the CWL based aircraft.

The problem with the BRU was that the most i had seen on the flight was 7 passengers.

Thomson

Anyone know when the rest of the TOM flights for S08 will go on sale as only the following are on the website at the moment. What TOM airaft are gunna be based at CWL in W07 and S08?

BJV
BOJ
CFU
DLM
SSH
GRO
LPA
ACE
MAH
PFO
REU
RHO
TFS
ZTH

CWLFLY Website

I must say that the website has been updated quite regular over the past 2 weeks and i like the translation of the articles through welsh, it is a shame that they don't have adverts for new flights on their website unlike on the BRS wesbite (even though we do have our own booking engine).